God has been doing a lot of work on my heart lately. It is amazing to me how he knows exactly what I need to hear from Him. It seems like every time I have a trouble, all I have to do is open His Word and He finds a way to speak to me, draw me closer to Him, and guide me towards His Kingdom.
Last week I read a facebook post from LifeChurch.tv it said "Matthew 6:33 says we are to seek God first before everything else (money, clothes, food, needs) and when we do He will give us what we need. How in the passing of the moments of your day, do you keep God first?"
It really made me think about what I do each day and if those things seek God or not. Well for most of them they don't. Then this week Pastor Craig talked about creating Margins in our lives. So I one area I believe God is wanting me to delete to create more margin is facebook and twitter. I tend to get a little obsessed. . . Not as much during conversations or dinner or anything but every time Jacob and I are driving somewhere I am on my iphone creeping on facebook or twitter. How is that seeking God first? I could be having a meaningful conversation with my husband during that time we have to spend together but instead I am more worried about peoples posts. That is ridiculous and not how I want to spend my time. My excuse is that I am "bored" but during those times of "boredom" I can be seeking God and what He wants me to do with those moments, I can be reading His Word, talking to Him, spending quality time with my family, many other more important things than facebook.
So this week I am only going to check mine once a day, if that. I want to seek God and His Kingdom above all else this week, even above my new blog :)
No comments:
Post a Comment