My anwers and thoughts from the So Long Insecurity Blog on http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/:
1-This season of my life is different than any other I have ever encountered, it has come with a fresh invigorating breeze. There are still a few things lingering from seasons that have come and gone, the root of many of these problems from the past is insecurity. That is why I am so excited to read this new book, So Long Insecurity. If I take time to sit down and really try to get the foundation of my sins, I can pin-point insecurity in almost all of them. The insecurity of being needed, needing affirmation, and not feeling good enough. Even the choices I have made for my life path somehow were made out of my insecurities. If I feel like I want to do something, I will mention someone else doing to just to get a reaction out of Jacob so I will know how he feels before I decide to tell him that I feel led to do it. To be completely honest, I am even insecure in what to write in the blog post.. I tend to seek acceptance and affirmation in everything, even in my relationship with Christ. I want to do good and do what's right so He will be impressed and love me more, but I have to remind myself that no matter what I ever do or don't do, He will always love me with the same amazing love. I find myself trying to find security in beauty, cute clothes, make-up, and compliments the most. I, of course, look for security in money, my job, my schedule, but the one that see the most is beauty and people perceptions of me. I want to ask myself: if, God forbid, I had an accident that terribly tore up my face, and I was scary to see, would I still feel as valuable as I do? I am not for one second saying that I think I am beautiful or look great or anything like that, trust me it's the opposite, but I do constantly try to improve and find that contentment in having cuter make-up or hair or clothes. How superficial?! I know.. My insecurities run much deeper than just these superficial things, but I want to change. I want to be able to do something with the passion that God has ignited in me to help girls feel valuable and know their worth in Jesus Christ. But because of my insecurities I am scared to do anything with this passion. I am scared to even admit it to anyone. My fear of failure and rejection is stronger than my will-power or my trust in God to do what he is calling me to do. Which is why I decided to read this book. My prayer is that God will speak to me through this book and renew my mind with His Holy Spirit through the words in this book. To teach me to find security in Him, even on the days I feel the ugliest, I don't need Jacob to tell me he thinks I am beautiful, I don't need affirmations from my friends saying Oh yes you do look cute, I can find all the security and contentment I need through the Holy Spirit who lives right inside of me! I pray that the Holy Spirit will use this book to guide me into a security with my life in Christ. Help me to understand that the more I look for contentment in the things of this world the more I will be disappointed and the more I will be susceptible to falling into sin. I pray that He will strengthen my relationship with Him through finding security in Christ the solid Rock! He loves me no matter what I do or what I've done, He will never leave me, He will never forsake me, He is FOR ME and made me just exactly the way I am, He has great plans for me and I want to find everyday security in those truths in His Word!
3-"Insecurity refers to a profound sense of self-doubt, a deep feeling of uncertainty about our basic worth and our place in this world. Insecurity is associated with chronic self-consciousness, along with a chronic lack of confidence in ourselves and anxiety about our relationships. The insecure man or woman lives in constant fear of rejection and a deep uncertainty about whether his or her own feelings and desires are legitimate."
This is the definition that resonates with me the most.. Almost every word is screaming my name and I so badly want to change those feelings. Once I am about to figure this out for myself this is exactly what I want to help young girls with so they don't make the same mistakes I have because of their uncertainties about their own self-worth. So at a young age they will have someone to tell them they do matter, and show them where to find their true worth, which is in Christ our loving Savior!
One of the quotes I really liked so far in this book is:
"We are going to come to a place where we stop handing people the kind of power only God should wield over us."
This explains a huge foundation of what I am hoping the Holy Spirit will do in my heart through this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment