This is our little princess, Presley Rae. This picture is just a little example of what God is teaching me about parenting right now.. The biggest lesson that I have learned from Him lately is that if you want your kid (or kids) to learn something, you HAVE to live it yourself. Man, that can be hard though. But just like she has her "pistols firing" in this picture because her daddy has his pistols firing every Saturday this fall too! She sees that her Daddy loves to cheer for OSU and at 2 1/2 years old she is all over yelling at the TV, cheering on the cowboys, and watching some Cowboy football! More than any words I could ever say, she learns from every single thing we do. Some good things, she prays and thanks Jesus for everything, the latest cute prayer was "Thank you Jesus for my Daddy working and paying our bills" haha! How does she know what paying bills is?! Because she learns from Mommy, that day I had called Jacob in the car just to tell him thanks for working and providing for our family. She is so precious I know! But then she also learns the not so great things that she sees us do as well..
She is such a sponge right now and my guess is she will continue to learn from our example, and the other example that influence her life as her primary basis of learning for quite a while. That is a HUGE job, my struggle is, how in the world can I be the best example for her every second of every day? The answer is I can't, I will mess up, BUT, what gives me hope is that I can focus on Christ and keep my eyes on Him daily and that is something that I am so excited for her to learn!
I start my day in prayer, asking Christ to lead me and give me the wisdom to keep my eyes on Him and through that I know it is HIM who will be leading her through me!! So thankful for my Father, Jesus Christ!
-tair

No comments:
Post a Comment