January 10, 2013

Thirsty Thursday...


As part of the New Year & trying to live a more healthy lifestyle (also during my fast). I tried out making a juice drink this morning.. I am a HUGE texture person so I was really nervous about how it would turn out...

It actually turned out pretty good! I finished it :)
Here's what I made (it's a combo of a few different pinterest ideas) :

2 cups of water (Yay that helps my H2O intake too)
Few handfuls of Kale (iron, I need that!)
Few handfuls of spinach
1 pear
1 apple
2-3 stalks of celery
1 banana 
1/2 of a lemon squeezed
& then I added 1 big spoonful of natural peanut butter but that's because I am obsessed with pb ;)

I am also trying to make better choices when it comes to sweets... Which for me includes coffee since I tend to put wayyyy to much sugar & creamer in my coffees. 

So my new coffee routine includes:
Coconut milk instead of creamer
Like a 1/4th of the raw sugar cane sugar as usual
Cinnamon & Nutmeg on top
DELISH!!

Anyone have any good dairy free juices/smoothies I should try out?! Or coffee tricks of your own?! Share them I would love to know :)


No comments:

Post a Comment